I wandered lonely as a sheep Like the white one which is Tied outside one of the shops In the bazaar- It looks like it has no business Being there. I wandered lonely as a sheep, Bounding over the textbooks, And the half-written diary; And the poetry by Rafael Campo; And the late night coffee mug stain On the desk on which I study, But sometimes end up writing poetry. I wandered lonely as a sheep, Tip-toeing along the chain of thoughts Of love and happiness, And security long-forgotten; Of betrayal and grief And newer emotions I wish I had never discovered; Of friends and friendship; Of love and the man I love Who I know will never love me back. I wandered lonely as a sheep, I heave one last sigh, And jump, over the fence- Beyond, to freedom.
For Neeti In the brightness of day You found me, you found me; Reflecting your own light, You were sitting there. In the darkness of night I found you, I found you. I borrowed your light To light up myself. In the shadow of eclipse You hid me, you hid me. Little did I know You were trying to protect. In the void of space Across time, across time, I saw in you A reflection of mine.
"I can hear the sound of violins, long before it begins." And when you're somewhere nearby, my heart starts to pound inside my chest, involuntarily, even if I can't yet see you. "Makes me feel as only you know how, sway me smooth, sway me now." Yes, so much so, that just for this once, I'd pick you over Richard Gere. (My due respects to Michael Buble, of course.)
Comments
Post a Comment