I wandered lonely as a sheep Like the white one which is Tied outside one of the shops In the bazaar- It looks like it has no business Being there. I wandered lonely as a sheep, Bounding over the textbooks, And the half-written diary; And the poetry by Rafael Campo; And the late night coffee mug stain On the desk on which I study, But sometimes end up writing poetry. I wandered lonely as a sheep, Tip-toeing along the chain of thoughts Of love and happiness, And security long-forgotten; Of betrayal and grief And newer emotions I wish I had never discovered; Of friends and friendship; Of love and the man I love Who I know will never love me back. I wandered lonely as a sheep, I heave one last sigh, And jump, over the fence- Beyond, to freedom.
"I can hear the sound of violins, long before it begins." And when you're somewhere nearby, my heart starts to pound inside my chest, involuntarily, even if I can't yet see you. "Makes me feel as only you know how, sway me smooth, sway me now." Yes, so much so, that just for this once, I'd pick you over Richard Gere. (My due respects to Michael Buble, of course.)
His twisted, contorted face crumpled in agony. He dug his long nails into my shoulder, shaking me, rattling my teeth. My hair swung in front of my face. He let out a howl of fury. I tried to close my eyes, tried to hide my face away. But I couldn't stop looking. My mouth hung open in an ill-formed 'o' and my eyes, wide open with horror took in his face, twisted, contorted in grief and anger. "And if it doesn't rain? If it doesn't? What then? Have you thought about that?" he yelled. I watched him in morbid fascination. My shoulders were numb and I had lost the feeling in my arms where his fingers clawed at my skin. "I…" I tried to stammer. His face was dark, as dark as the clouds that gathered and grumbled everyday with the promise of rain. They never delivered. His eyes flashed with the light of a hundred thousand volt lightning that lit up the sky every night, and led to nothing. He is not human , I remind myself. His voice rumble...
wait...husbands included?
ReplyDeleteno, I suppose not.
ReplyDelete